Software with SMuFL support
- Steinberg’s music notation software Dorico supports SMuFL-compliant fonts.
- MakeMusic’s music notation software Finale supports SMuFL-compliant fonts from Finale v27 and later.
- Capella Software’s capella 8 supports SMuFL-compliant fonts.
- The open source scoring application MuseScore supports SMuFL-compliant fonts in version 2.0 and later.
- The web browser-based interactive sheet music and guitar tablature software Soundslice uses SMuFL and Bravura for its music notation display.
- The open source Music Encoding Initiative (MEI) rendering software, Verovio, also uses SMuFL for its music notation display.
- The web browser-based digital sheet music application neoScores uses SMuFL for its music notation display.
- The commercial digital audio workstation application Logic Pro X, from Apple Inc., supports SMuFL and is compatible with Bravura from version 10.1.
- MaxScore for Max/MSP supports SMuFL and uses Bravura for its display of music notation.
- The iOS drum and percussion tuition app Groove Freedom uses SMuFL and Bravura for its notation display.
- The Android app Don’s MusicXML Viewer by Don Horrell uses Bravura for its notation display.
Know of others?
If you know about any other applications that support SMuFL, please get in touch so we can update this list.